CFGD Legal Cell is a group of volunteers who are actively involved in filling of RTI Applications and Public Interest Litigations.
It is headed by Ms. Prasanna Kapoor.
Our Public Interest Litigations
- PIL to save Parade Ground & Gandhi Park PIL No: 06 of 2011 dated 27th Jan 2011: Judgement given on 5th Dec 2013
- PIL to save Ranger's College Ground PIL No: 84 of 2011 dated 12th Oct 2011 : Judgement given on 12th June 2012
- PIL to enforce Tree Transplantation PIL No: 89 of 2011 dated 17th Oct 2011 : Judgement given on 2nd Sept 2013
- PIL to set objective criterion for felling dangerous trees PIL No: 68 of 2012 dated 27th August 2012 : Filed in NGT, New Delhi
- Contempt Petition against DM, EE in Parade Ground case CLCON No: 16 of 2014 dated 14th January 2014.
- PIL against conversion of park in Selaqui Industrial Area into an industrial area: PIL No: 24 of 2014 dated 24th Feb 2014
- PIL to annul allotment of land in Chharba village to SIIDCUL PIL No: 28 of 2014 :Judgement given on 21st April 2014
Our applications in National Green Tribunal, New Delhi
- Dangerous Trees Appeal : Dairy Number: 353\2013: Judgement given on 10th December 2013
Jurisdiction of NGT
Schedule I [See sections 14(1), 15(1), 17(1)(a), 17(2), 19(4) (j) and 34(1)]
- The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974;
- The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Cess Act, 1977;
- The Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980;
- The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981;
- The Environment (Protection) Act, 1986;
- The Public Liability Insurance Act, 1991;
- The Biological Diversity Act, 2002.
Other legal actions
- Complaint to Supreme Court Monitoring Committee on Selaqui Park land use change issue
Join "Citizens For Green Doon Legal Cell"s
If you wish to help us out in the legal aspect of our fight against the destruction of the environment of Doon valley, do join our Legal Cell, either on Facebook or by sending us a mail